Search Random Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why Call Center?



The commercial of a cup noodle brand showing a customer service rep assisting her customer over the phone inspired me to join the BPO industry. I was like "talking and helping strangers over the phone is very cool!", so I gave it a try.

    And it is indeed fun talking and helping strangers over the phone, though sometimes it is very tough dealing with some customers. I experienced both inbound and outbound support, and dealt with different kinds of customers – some were friendly and some were harsh. One time, while talking to an irate and very rude customer,  I didn't notice my tears were already touching my tired cheeks. But then again, business as usual as; I continued providing support as if I did not hear her rude comments.

    Many said, most people especially youngsters joined the BPO industry because it pays more. Others said, it is designed for rich and lazy people who want to earn easy money. But hey, that is not so true. Sitting and talking for almost 8 hours (sometimes more than 8 hours) is not an easy thing. It may look like it but it is very stressful, especially when working at night.

    But despite of this overwhelming experience and the mix reactions from these unbelievers, I do not have any plans of removing myself from the BPO world. I learned a lot and was able to use this whole experience in my daily life. It stretched my patience enabling me to easily control my emotions whenever I have to deal with difficult people, including the people that are so dear to me – my friends and my family.

     Now, when people would ask me what’s my profession. I would definitely tell them that I am a proud member of the BPO industry – a Call Center Agent. Yes I am proud of it; I am proud because it is indeed one of the toughest jobs in the world. It requires knowledge, strong emotions and passion in order for you to become efficient and effective in providing help over the phone.

     Some people do not call it a job and yes they are correct, because for many, including myself, it is a career - a fulfilling profession.








No comments:

Post a Comment