Search Random Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Puzzled Me

I went back home late at night
And noticed mama sitting under the moonlight
Lots of tears fell down from her eyes
Showing that she felt something bad inside
I sat beside her and asked her why?
She hid her face and told me she's only tired
I'm puzzled! Oh, good Lord! Come show me some light

I went to the other room where my papa lingered
And saw him slumbering with his hand on his head
I was really puzzled during that night
I wondered why I had this kind of life
Trouble seemed to be always in my sight

 Into my room I stayed for a while
And reckoning why did mama cry
Am I the reason why?
The following day I saw them arguing
And hearing those evil words
Really brought to me a lot of pain
I stepped into my room as my tears kept on falling
Because I don’t want them to notice me crying

In my heart remains the very pain
That annoyed my mind and lost my strength
I questioned God why I had a drunken father
And brothers that didn't seem to care
What a messy life I had!
But later that day I soon realized
That it ain't good to question Him
...but who's really to blame?


Author: Em-em dela Peña---------------------------------------First published in SLSCST's Campus Headliner (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment